British Sea Power have announced details of their fifth studio album and a UK tour.
The band release Machineries of Joy on April 1 via Rough Trade Records.
“We’d like to think the album is warm and restorative,” said singer Yan.
“Various things are touched on in the words – Franciscan monks, ketamine, French female bodybuilders turned erotic movie stars.
“The world often seems a mad, hysterical place at the moment. You can’t really be oblivious to that, but we’d like the record to be an antidote – a nice game of cards in pleasant company.”
The follow-up to 2010’s Valhalla Dancehall was written in North Wales’s Berwyn mountains and recorded in Brighton with Dan Smith and mixed by Ken Thomas.
Tickets for the tour are on sale now via the band’s official website and the full dates are below:
- April 4 – Exeter Phoenix
- April 5 – Birmingham Library
- April 6 – Newcastle University
- April 7 – Glasgow Oran Mor
- April 9 – Leeds Met University
- April 10 – Nottingham Rescue Rooms
- April 11 – Manchester Gorilla
- April 14 – Cardiff Coal Exchange
- April 15 – Portsmouth Wedgewood
- April 16 – Norwich Waterfront
- April 17 – London Shepherd’s Bush Empire
Via Digital Spy