The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum will unveil a new exhibit highlighting the 2014 Inductees and air the 2014 Induction Ceremony on HBO on Saturday, May 31. Honored this year are Peter Gabriel, Daryl Hall and John Oates, KISS, Nirvana, Linda Ronstadt, Cat Stevens, the E Street Band, Brian Epstein and Andrew Loog Oldham.
Included in the exhibit:
• Beatles’ manager Brian Epstein’s diaries
• Contracts and other documents related to Andrew Loog Oldham’s management of the Rolling Stones
• Clothing and instruments from the E Street Band, including the tenor saxophone played by Clarence Clemons on the Born the Run album and the guitar played by Steven Van Zandt in the “Glory Days” video.
• A Peter Gabriel costume prop worn at the 1993 Grammy Awards
• Cape and boots worn by Peter Criss of KISS during publicity events and photo sessions while promoting KISS’ Dynasty tour.
• Clothing and various items from Nirvana, including a Dave Grohl handwritten setlist, a Kurt Cobain handwritten note, and a Kurt Cobain knit cap and cardigan sweater.
• A jacket worn by Linda Ronstadt on the cover of her 1978 album Back In the U.S.A.
• The guitar Cat Stevens played during his performance at the 2014 Induction Ceremony
• Guitars from Daryl Hall and John Oates.
The 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will air on HBO on Saturday, May 31 at 8pm ET/PT. Held at the Barclay’s Center in Brooklyn, New York on April 10, this year’s ceremony featured appearances by Chris Martin, Glenn Frey, Michael Stipe, Questlove, Stevie Nicks, Bonnie Raitt, Bruce Springsteen, Lorde, Kim Gordon, St. Vincent, Joan Jett, Peter Asher, Carrie Underwood, Emmylou Harris, Tom Morello and Sheryl Crow.
The 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductee exhibit will remain open through 2014.