The Richest has published a list of the 10 wealthiest bassist in music, and while the names probably won’t surprise you, their placement might. Of course, the top spot is a given: Paul McCartney, perhaps the most famous bassist of all-time, is worth $1.2 billion, some $900 million more than the next richest. The Police’s Sting and KISS’ Gene Simmons are both worth an estimated $300 million and, thus, tied for second.
Despite having the highest-grossing tour of all-time, Roger Waters peaks at No. 4 with a net worth of $270. He’s followed by U2’s Adam Clayton and Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Flea. At No. 7, Led Zeppelin’s John Paul Jones is reportedly worth $80 million, which seems a little low given the band’s place in rock history and constant reissues. The same can also be said about Nirvana’s Krist Novoselic, who places behind No Doubt’s Tony Kanal.
Check out the full list below.
01. Paul McCartney – $1.2 billion
02. Sting – $300 million
02. Gene Simmons (KISS) – $300 million
04. Roger Waters – $270 million
05. Adam Clayton (U2) – $150 million
06. Flea – $115 million
07. John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin) – $80 million
08. Geezer Butler (Black Sabbath) – $65 million
09. Tony Kanal (No Doubt) – $45 million
10. Krist Novoselic (Nirvana) – $40 million