CIMA, through Music Export Canada, is excited to announce that submissions are now being accepted for their 2015 Canadian Blast BBQ & Canada House at Austin’s SXSW.
This year’s mission will mark the 10th year that CIMA will be in attendance for this key showcase and business development opportunity at the most influential and largest music festival & conference in North America. Now in its 29th year, SXSW allows for unmatched networking opportunities, conference programming, and over 100 stages of music for showcasing bands and conference attendees. Check out some of the outcomes associated with our mission to SXSW in 2014 here.
CIMA’s legendary Canadian Blast BBQ and Canada House at SXSW will be taking place on March 18, 2015. This event, the kickoff for CIMA’s Canadian Blast mission at SXSW, is a high-profile event that draws hundreds of VIP international delegates, media and thousands of SXSW delegates.
They’re now accepting submissions for artists interested in showcasing at their Canadian Blast BBQ & Showcase.
Want to showcase? Here’s their criteria:
- Artist must be export-ready. Find out what that means by clicking here.
- Artist must have a business representative in attendance and they must register as a SXSW delegate as well as sign up to the Canadian Blast SXSW B2B initiative (this includes speed-dating and networking events). [Please note: CIMA is able to offer a discounted SXSW badge rate to Canadian Blast participants. Click here if you’re ready to register]
- The artist/business representative must pay a submission fee of $25.00 per submission. The submission form is here.
- Artist representative company must have the resources to able to follow-through on business opportunities resulting from the showcase (tours, gigs, etc.) in international territories.
- Artist representative company must agree to complete a post-event survey.
- Artist representative company must agree to continue to report back in future on successes resulting from B2B opportunities.
Successful applicants will be notified by the end of November 2014.
Ready to submit?
CIMA’s handy submission form is right here once you’re ready to submit: http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/cima/sxsw-2015/
Ready to register?
Here’s the link: http://www.cimamusic.ca/event-payments-test.