Hamilton’s JUNO Host Committee is organizing a talent search contest for youth ages 12 – 18 to not only provide youth an opportunity to showcase their talent but to raise money for MusiCounts, Canada’s music education charity associated with the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences.
JUNOS Turn It On Sound Off! Competition, a search for Hamilton’s young musical talent has begun! The contest opens today and closes on February 23, 2015 at 4:30pm. A total of 10 finalists (5 solo acts and 5 bands) will be selected to attend the JUNOS Turn It On Sound Off! Youth Competition.
Hamilton’s JUNO Music Education Committee is looking for the best young musicians, ages 12-18, in the Hamilton and surrounding areas*to submit a performance. Individuals or a musical group (bands/ensembles) are asked to work with their school and submit one performance of:
– A solo act or band/ensemble singing/playing a pre-recorded song (songs from Canadian artists are preferred)
– An original song.
Finalists will perform live March 7th in front of a panel of judges at The Bishop Ryan Theatre & Performing Arts Centre in Hamilton where audience members will purchase tickets with proceeds going to MusiCounts and schools in Hamilton and surrounding areas (Greater Hamilton and surrounding area = City of Hamilton (which includes Ancaster, Binbrook/Glanbrook, Dundas, Flamborough, Stoney Creek etc.), and the cities of Brantford, St. Catharines, Grimsby, Burlington, Milton, Smithville, and Cambridge.)
Each school in the contest area (Greater Hamilton and surrounding area*), can enter solo acts or group performances on the school’s behalf. The online contest form must be completed by a teacher or faculty member. The complete rules and regulations for the contest and an online submission form are at www.tourismhamilton.com/soundoffcompetition
· JP Gauthier, Hamilton Music Awards
· John ‘Beetle’ Bailey, JUNO Award winner – Recording Engineer of the Year (2015 JUNO Award nominee)
· Mike Hurley, MusiCounts
· Dan Edmonds, Singer, Harlan Pepper
The solo and band/ensemble will win:
· Tickets to The 2015 JUNO Awards Broadcast
· “Recording Workshop (5 hour session) at The Drive Shed Recording Studios in Toronto with JUNO Award Winning Engineer John “Beetle” Bailey” (2015 JUNO Award nominee)
· Featured performances at both the TURN IT ON Music Crawl (Friday March 13, 2015) and JUNOS TURN IT ON SOUND Gallery (Sunday, March 15, 2015)
· Tickets to the JUNO Cup Hockey Game (Friday, March 13, 2015)
· JUNO Fan Fare Wristbands (Saturday, March 14, 2015)