The Government of Ontario, through the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport, is seeking public input as it works to develop its first cultural strategy for the province. This culture strategy will also serve as a guide for future government support for the cultural sector, through the principles and priorities identified through the public consultation.
The cultural strategy will focus on the following 5 guiding principles:
- Creativity and innovation
- Quality of life and economic development
- Diversity and inclusiveness
- Respect for First Nations People, Métis and Inuit peoples.
- Public value and accountability
A Cultural Strategy Advisory Group has being created to provide advice to the government during the creation of the culture strategy. You can view the individual members of the Cultural Strategy Advisory Group by clicking here.
This process is expected to produce a final strategy by Summer 2016. The province is collecting input in three ways:
- Attending one of the town hall discussions happening between October 13-December 3.
- Online through the Culture Talks Website
- Through the #ONculture hashtag on Twitter