The Big Apple is a major music market, but a really tough one to bite into! So, why not get a little help from the Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA)?
For the first time ever, CIMA will be organizing a private business mission to New York City that will run from January 18-22, 2016. This mission will be produced in partnership with a New York City-based consulting firm, Sneak Attack Media.
This mission will provide participating companies with the opportunity to undertake an extensive, valuable and structured foray into the New York music market.
This mission is open to qualifying CIMA member companies as well as qualifying non-member companies. CIMA members in good standing benefit from a discounted rate of $850 CDN, while the mission cost for non-members is $1250 CDN.
The mission includes:
- A welcome reception for delegates and select NYC contacts.
- A private industry-only reception.
- One (1) music industry-focused B2B session including one-on-one speed meetings and round-table discussion, targeting NYC labels, agents, publishers and more.
- One (1) “Tech Day” including visits to Google, Spotify, Facebook, Rdio, etc.
- One (1) “Advertising Day” at agencies, production houses, studios, etc.
- Access to our NYC consultants, Sneak Attack Media, for meetings.
- A “Welcome to NYC” presentation by Sneak Attack Media.
- A “Guide to NYC” package for all CIMA delegates and attendees, in addition to personalized, detailed itineraries.
- Informal nighttime events, networking activities, and mixers where participants can forge new relationships and cement existing ones.
- A negotiated group rate at a hotel in NY.
Potential showcasing opportunities: This is a business mission, but there may be a potential showcase opportunity if any delegates have bands already booked to perform in NYC during that time. Additional fees may be incurred.
How to apply:
CIMA is currently looking for 10-12 companies to register for this mission. This opportunity is best suited for businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Businesses looking to enhance their contacts in New York City in order to develop and/or further existing relationships.
- Businesses who do not currently have US representation.
- Company representatives in attendance must be able to secure deals on behalf of their roster.
If you meet the criteria outlined above, please submit your applications before Friday, November 20, 2015.
CIMA will reserve positions for companies in the order in which their completed applications are received and approved.
For any questions or concerns, please contact CIMA’s Music Export Manager, Trisha Carter, firstname.lastname@example.org.