Get ready to experience the JUNO Awards like you never have before! The countdown is on for the 46th annual JUNO Awards in Ottawa! Music fans around the globe can dive right into the action this week by tuning in to junotv.ca for unprecedented access throughout JUNO Weekend including fly-on-the-wall backstage views, behind-the-scenes interviews, star-studded events and red carpet arrivals.
JUNO TV provides a unique experience that complements at-home viewing of the JUNO Awards. Bringing fans exclusive content from Canada’s biggest night in music, made possible with the support of the Ontario Media Development Corporation (OMDC). The comprehensive and interactive platform includes:
* The only place to tune-in to the 2017 JUNO Gala Dinner & Awards Presented by SOCAN, hosted by Tom Power, host of cbc radio one q, where winners in 34 categories, and two special award recipients will be announced. The livestream starts at 6pm ET on Saturday, April 1 at junotv.ca. For a schedule of the categories and their air times, please click here.
Live interviews by YouTuber Sam Sutherland and Indie 88’s Lana Gay, interactive chats, and exclusive behind-the-scenes perspectives on www.junotv.ca.
JUNOTV.ca LIVE event details for Saturday, April 1
6 pm ET – JUNO TV Backstage Lounge at the JUNO Gala Dinner & Awards co-hosted by Sam Sutherland and Lana Gay where winners, performers, presenters and more stop by for a chat!
6 pm ET – Be a fly on the wall to see what goes on in the Media Centre with the JUNO TV Media Room Cam and JUNO TV Portrait Studio Cam
JUNOTV.ca LIVE event details for Sunday, April 2
3:30pm ET – Sam Sutherland and Lana Gay host JUNO TV LIVE on the Red Carpet
6:30pm ET – JUNO TV Backstage Lounge at The JUNOS co-hosted by Sam Sutherland and Lana Gay where winners, performers, presenters and more stop by for a chat!
6:30pm ET – Be a fly on the wall to see what goes on behind the scenes with the JUNO TV Portrait Studio Cam and the JUNO TV Side Stage Cam
* Curated on-demand content and real-time community engagement throughout JUNO Week
* Leading up to and during this weekend’s JUNO Awards in Ottawa, Canadians also have the opportunity to catch all the behind-the-scenes action via Facebook Live from The JUNO Awards’ Facebook page: facebook.com/TheJUNOAwards. Live video on Facebook brings fans into the moment, giving them insider access into some of the biggest events, in a way that feels different from other media. Fans get an intimate experience that is truly social with the ability to comment and ask questions during the live broadcast.
Facebook Live event details for Saturday, April 1
JUNO Fan Fare – starting at 12pm ET
Behind the Scenes Walk on the Red Carpet with Sam Sutherland – starting at 1pm ET
JUNO TV Backstage Lounge at the JUNO Gala Dinner & Awards – starting at 6pm ET
Facebook Live event details for Sunday, April 2
JUNO TV LIVE on the Red Carpet – starting at 3:30pm ET
JUNO TV Backstage Lounge at The JUNOS – starting at 6:30pm ET
* JUNO Awards Red Carpet LIVE in 360. Powered by Samsung VR.
A first-ever, immersive 360 live stream will be on the JUNO Red Carpet. Featuring 3 cameras at different points on the carpet, nominees, performers and more personalities will be interviewed by YouTuber Gunnarola. Live stream starts at 3:30 pm ET. Watch live at https://samsungvr.com/JUNO
* Snapchat is covering The 2017 JUNO Awards Broadcast through “Our Story” on April 2nd. “Our Story” allow Snapchatters at the same event or location to contribute their unique perspectives through video and photo Snaps to one collective Story, capturing the real story, straight from the fans and people at the event.
– A team at Snapchat curates the thousands of submitted Snaps and packages them into a brief video that can be broadcast globally to millions of users right on their phone
– If you’re at the event, it’s easy to submit your Snaps to “Our Story” – simply take a photo or video Snap, tap send and choose to submit to the JUNO Awards Our Story. After you take your Snap, swipe left to find cool geofilters
The 2017 JUNO Awards Broadcast will air live from the Canadian Tire Centre on CTV and CTV GO, Sunday April 2 at 6:30pm ET/7pm AT. Check local listings to confirm broadcast times and stations.