|Country Music Week 2017 is being held this year in Saskatchewan from September 7-10 and they want to help you get there. CMAOntario is once again running a contest in tandem with the Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) for your chance to win a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play alongside Canada’s brightest country music stars and most cherished legends during the Canadian country music industry’s largest annual event.
Each province has been asked to select one country music act/artist (Act) to represent their province in the annual “CCMA Spotlight Performance Contest” (National Contest).
When all the participating provincial Acts from across Canada are chosen for the National Contest, the selected Acts will be highlighted via an online poll set to go live on June 7, 2017 at 9:00am EST. That’s the time for Ontario to shine!
The National Contest will run for 10 days, and will close on June 16, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. EST. The Act that receives the most votes on the poll by the time the National Contest closes will win a performance spot at a public, official CCMA-sanctioned event during Country Music Week 2017. The winner of the CCMA Spotlight Performance Contest will be announced on June 23, 2017.
Acts that are interested in representing our province in this National Contest are required to complete their submission (requirement details below) online by May 10, 2017.
You will need your CMAOntario Membership User Name and Password to apply for this performance opportunity.
Please click the link below to login and submit your application.
Once there, click on “Performance Opportunities” to complete your submission.
If the link above does not automatically connect you to the site, open your web browser, then copy and paste this link into the address line: http://cmaontario.ca/login/
To submit your Act for the CCMA Spotlight Performance Contest, please include the following:
- Two (2) songs (MP3 file format or link to SoundCloud account)
- Biography (no more than 50 words)
- One (1) professional publicity photograph (high resolution, JPEG file format required)
- Social Media Platforms (please include links to social media outlets you use (i.e., links to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
Submissions will be juried by a CMAOntario Selection Committee, and one successful Act will be selected to move on to the National Contest.
National Contest Winner Prizing
There is only one (1) prize awarded, which goes to the National Contest Winner. The prize consists of:
- One (1) performance spot at a public, official CCMA-sanctioned event during PotashCorp Country Music Week 2017
- One (1) CCMA membership (one-year duration)
- One (1) MIA membership to the association the Winner qualified through (one-year duration)
- One (1) complimentary delegate pass to PotashCorp Country Music Week 2017 (non-transferable)
- One (1) hotel room for four (4) nights of accommodation during PotashCorp Country Music Week 2017 (the evenings of September 7-10) at the Holiday Inn in Saskatoon
- Transportation (economy class) to and from the Winner’s hometown to Saskatoon (up to a maximum of $1,000 CDN)
Note: In the case that the winner is a duo or band, the CCMA will review the prize package on a case by case basis.
Best of luck!