Two essential Ringo Starr albums, 1973’s Ringo and 1974’s Goodnight Vienna, have been remastered by Ron McMaster at Capitol Mastering for worldwide reissue on heavyweight, 180-gram vinyl LPs. Slated to release on January 19, both albums are available for pre-order now: Ringo / Goodnight Vienna.
In 1973, Ringo released his self-titled Ringo, which yielded three Top 5 Billboard Pop singles, including the No. 1 hits, “Photograph” and “You’re Sixteen (You’re Beautiful And You’re Mine)”, and the No. 5 hit, “Oh My My”. Platinum-certified in the U.S., the Ringo album peaked at No. 1 in Canada, at No. 2 in the U.S., and at No. 7 in the UK. Making the album even more memorable, all of Ringo’s Beatles bandmates joined him to participate in the Richard Perry produced album. Notable guest players also include Billy Preston on organ, background vocals by Harry Nilsson, Klaus Voormann on bass and sax, and Robbie Robertson on guitar.
The following year, Ringo released his fourth solo album, Goodnight Vienna, racking up even more hits. Alongside the Top 5 Billboard Pop singles “Snookeroo”, written by Elton John and Bernie Taupin, and “No No Song”, the album also features Ringo’s cover of the Platters’ “Only You”, which peaked at No. 6 on the Pop chart, and the title track, written by John Lennon. Once again, Perry, Preston, Voormann, Nilsson, and Robertson joined Ringo to collaborate in the studio, among others.
In celebration of the holiday season, Ringo’s beloved 1999 Christmas album I Wanna Be Santa Claus has also been released on vinyl for the first time ever.
This past September, Ringo released his 19th solo album, Give More Love, before he hit the road again with his All Starrs in October and November. For more information on Ringo Starr and his All Starrs’ upcoming European tour dates for June and July 2018 please visit: ringostarr.com/tour.
FOLLOW RINGO STARR:
Ringo – Tracklisting:
- I’m the Greatest (John Lennon)
- Have You Seen My Baby (Randy Newman)
- Photograph (Richard Starkey, George Harrison)
- Sunshine Life for Me (Sail Away Raymond) (George Harrison)
- You’re Sixteen (You’re Beautiful And You’re Mine)” (Bob Sherman, Dick Sherman)
- Oh My My (Richard Starkey, Vini Poncia)
- Step Lightly (Richard Starkey)
- Six O’Clock (Paul McCartney, Linda McCartney)
- Devil Woman (Richard Starkey, Vini Poncia)
- You and Me (Babe) (George Harrison, Mal Evans)
Goodnight Vienna – Tracklisting:
- (It’s All Down to) Goodnight Vienna (John Lennon)
- Occapella (Allen Toussaint)
- Oo-Wee (Richard Starkey, Vini Poncia)
- Husbands and Wives (Roger Miller)
- Snookeroo (Elton John, Bernie Taupin)
- All by Myself (Richard Starkey, Vini Poncia)
- Call Me (Richard Starkey)
- No No Song (Hoyt Axton, David Jackson)
- Only You (Buck Ram, Ande Rand)
- Easy for Me (Harry Nilsson)
- Goodnight Vienna (Reprise) (John Lennon)