By: Colby McCoy
The term ‘vapes’, or ‘vaporizer’ can mean a lot of different things. For one, there are wax pens, oil vapes, box mods, e-cigarettes, and vape pens just to name a few. Each type of portable vape has its own pro’s and con’s and will be useful in specific scenarios. In this article we will briefly talk about dry herb vapes, a specific kind of vape utilized for flower/dry herbs.
If you enjoy herbs/flower then you will be familiar with bongs, dugout pipes, bowls, Gandalf pipes, bubblers, etc. Dry herb vaporizers are another way to enjoy your herbs but in a cleaner and more technologically advanced fashioned. These vaporizers can vary widely in terms of shape, size, features, functionality and price.
At the end of the day they all serve the same purpose, however; to heat up and burn dry herbs to create vapor. This is different from traditional smoking methods which usually involve the use of a lighter in which the user applies direct heat.
Are dry herb vaporizers any good?
First and foremost, it is important to note that one type of vape pen is not superior to another. In the end, it all comes down to personal preference. For example, one user may love the advantage of dry herb vaporizers, particularly how clean and controllable the smoking experience can be. Conversely, someone else may enjoy smoking their herbs the old-fashioned way, either through a pipe, bong or a straight up cigarette.
That being said, dry herb vaporizers do have a few implicit benefits.
- Cleanliness – Dry herb vaporizers offer users an all-around cleaner smoking experience when compared to traditional smoking methods. All ash produced from dry herb vapes can be easily disposed of and unique heating methods offer an experience no traditional smoking method could ever come close to touching.
- Heating methods – While you can find plenty of dry herb vapes that utilize straight combustion, i.e. direct heat applied to your herbs, there are additional methods out there. For example, there is convection heating which works like an oven applying indirect heat to your dry herbs which slowly and evenly vaporizers them, making for an incredibly smooth and even vaping experience.
- Functionality – There are TONS of different dry herb vaporizers out there, all offer their own unique functionalities. You can find dry herb vaporizers that can be controlled via Bluetooth, boast rapid pre-heating times, feature LED displays and offer full temperature control.
- Wide price range – Getting your hands on a solid dry herb vaporizer will not break the bank contrary to popular belief. There is a plethora of options available to users ranging from less than $50 to $300 or more. Depending on the heating method, technology and features, a beginner could get started with dry herb vaping without being intimidated by an insane price tag.
- Ease of use – A great number of dry herb vaporizers are incredibly easy to use. Simply pack a chamber with dry herbs and press the firing button and you are off to the races. This style of vaporizer is fantastic for both new and experienced users.
- Superior taste – Dry herb vaporizes are renowned for their superior flavor, allowing users to taste every element of their dry herbs with incredible detail and precision. In general, vapor offers flavors few traditional methods could come close to.
- Portability – Forget worrying about remembering to bring your lighter or carrying around a cumbersome bong. Dry herb vapes come in a range of size. Most are highly portable and fantastic for taking on the go.
If you are a fan of traditional smoking methods looking to spice things up and try something new without sacrificing the flavor of your dry herbs, then dry herb vaporizers are the perfect fit for you. One can try a dry herb vape pen with a small investment up front and experience all of the benefits these vaporizers provide.