The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour is working with Alberta Music and Music Ontario on the local musical component of its upcoming winter event, which will roll into communities across Canada this season with a weekend of free outdoor hockey festivities for all ages. Each tour stop is full of activities, prizes, giveaways, and live music from local bands culminating in an outdoor viewing party of an NHL game broadcast live every Sunday on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW. Ron MacLean and Tara Slone host live on site from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio.
Performances must be family-friendly in language and content. We welcome submissions from high energy Alberta bands or solo artists with full-band accompaniment who are prepared to perform mostly original music (some covers are acceptable) for an outdoor audience. Performances will be on a heated stage.
- Bands must be able to play up to three (3) sets, 30-45 minutes in length. Number of sets for each band to be determined by organizer after booking.
- Light catering will be provided, as well as a green room.
- Backline is provided, and bands are encouraged to use it, as cold weather can be hard on gear.
Artists will be compensated for their performance. The final performer selection will rest with The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour.
To be considered for a performance, you must:
- Be available to perform on at least one of the following:
December 16/17 – Airdrie
December 30/31 – Spruce Grove
February 3/4 – Lacombe
February 10/11 – Canmore
- Be prepared to perform mostly original music that is family-friendly and high-energy
- Be an Alberta Music member and current Alberta resident
Preference will be given to artists who:
– Appeal to a wide audience
– Have cultivated a local audience and local media coverage
– Have a track record of strong live performances
– Have a strong social media presence
Fill out the submission form below.
Submissions will be evaluated by a jury based on:
– Professional history
– Demonstrated audience following
For more info, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, October 2, by 12pm for the Airdrie and Spruce Grove events,
and Thursday, November 2 by 12pm for the Lacombe and Canmore events.
MusicOntario is pleased to assist in the search for local artists and bands to perform at each tour stop! Are you from one of the following cities in Ontario or from a community nearby? Rogers wants you to represent your hometown spirit during these weekend-long mini festivals across the province:
St. Thomas: November 18-19 (Deadline to apply: October 27, 2017)
Oakville: November 25-26 (Deadline to apply: November 3, 2017)
Belleville: February 24-25 (Deadline to apply: January 12, 2018)
Markham: March 3-4 (Deadline to apply: February 3, 2018)
Brampton: March 10-11 (Deadline to apply: February 3, 2018)
Cornwall: March 17-18 (Deadline to apply: March 3, 2018)