In 1958, Frank and Dan Carney opened the first Pizza Hut in Wichita, Kansas. It took them a few years to make their first television commercial, though as they realized by the mid-1960s, half of the revenue came from takeout orders. “Putt Putt to the Pizza Hut” was their debut in 1965. It features a 1965 Mustang JR gas powered promotional car Made by the Powercar Comany of Mystic, CT. These were made with the cooperation of the Ford Motor Company for use in dealer promotions and other uses.