Once again, the annual Hall of Heavy Metal History’s Metal Hall of Fame Gala will take place on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at Marriott Delta Garden Grove in Anaheim, CA. The event will be hosted by iconic television, radio personality and heavy metal champion Eddie Trunk, and will feature appearances by heavy metal greats of today and years past. The Metal Hall of Fame Gala is quickly solidifying itself as the most important night in rock and metal.
Doors open at 6:00 PM, and a red carpet will take place from 6:00-7:00 PM. The induction ceremony will begin at 8:00 PM with a performance by Los Angeles heavy rock/metal group Budderside.
2019 Hall of Heavy Metal History Inductees Include:
– Jon and Marsha Zazula (Founders, Megaforce Records)
– Lita Ford (with 2018 inductee Doro Pesch presenting)
– Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater, The Winery Dogs)
– David Ellefson (Megadeth)
– Special Blizzard of Ozz (Ozzy Osbourne) band induction: Bob Daisley & Lee Kerslake (accepting via video, John Sykes accepting on their behalf in person)
– Jeff Scott Soto (Yngwie Malmsteen, Sons of Apollo)
– KLOS FM – 50th Anniversary
– Saxon (with Nigel Glockler accepting)
Hall of Heavy Metal History inductees Carmine Appice and Vinny Appice will also take part in a special live performance.
Inductees awarded in previous years include Ronnie James Dio, Randy Rhoads, Lemmy Kilmister, Scorpions, Bill Ward, Billy Sheehan, Jordan Rudess, Nick Menza, Munsey Ricci, Exodus, and many more.
The Hall of Heavy Metal History is a non-profit organization dedicated to forever enshrining the iconic musicians and music industry executives responsible for making rock and metal music what it is today. Their contribution to the genre is invaluable, and they continue to inspire fans throughout the world, from generation to generation.
The Hall of Heavy Metal History hosts the annual Metal Hall of Fame Awards Gala, in addition to an on-stage induction ceremony at Wacken, Additionally, the Hall of Heavy Metal History is part of the D.A.D. Program to help children fight disabilities on a global basis, and is partnered with the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund.