The choice of glasses depends a lot on the person’s style and personality, but regardless of the product’s appearance, it is essential to make sure about its quality.
Sunglasses initially had the sole purpose of protecting the eyes from the glare and rays of the sun. Currently, they have started to follow the look and play an important part in the composition of a person’s look and style, after all, each model of sunglasses conveys an “image” of the person.
Whether just for protection or to give an “up” to the look, it is always worth investing in good quality products, after all, the lens is essential to block UV rays. If you’re going to buy prescription sunglasses you should put your attention on quality.
And when it comes to design, what counts most is choosing the models that match your style. For example, if you like sports and your style is cool, bet on mirror-lens glasses and mask-style models.
Below you can find a series of important tips from an ophthalmologist to choose your sunglasses well, and also some options of eyeglass models at different prices, as well as inspiration to make your choice.
The main points that should be taken into consideration when choosing the right sunglasses to protect your eyes from UV rays and excessive glare:
What is the importance of wearing sunglasses?
Frequent and prolonged exposure to the sun can allow the progression of cataracts, pterygium (common in tropical countries), senile macular degeneration, and corneal & conjunctival tumors. Therefore, the use of sunglasses with ultraviolet A and B sun protection, even by children, is very important to prevent diseases like these.
Is there any type of lens that is the most suitable?
The lenses need to offer protection against the sun’s ultraviolet radiation (UVA and UVB). In addition, the colors of the lenses provide different forms of protection, which must be taken into account when choosing sunglasses:
– The amber and brown ones, for example, are more suitable for nearsighted and farsighted people, as they protect against the blue light of the sun, which can favor the appearance of cataracts.
– Browns, grays and greens are ideal for people over 60 years of age, as at this age there is usually a loss, to a greater or lesser degree, in the ability to contrast vision.
– Gray lenses are also suitable for those with astigmatism and farsightedness. They reduce glare without altering natural colors and can be used in bright sunlight.
– The blue ones provide greater comfort when using the computer, as they eliminate red and yellow tones. It is important that before purchasing your sunglasses, the person consults an ophthalmologist to find out which lenses are best for you.
Is it dangerous to wear glasses without provenance?
Using fake models or with poor quality lenses can have the opposite effect, increasing solar aggression. Therefore, it is always important to make sure that you are purchasing a product with a recognized brand and manufacturing guarantees.
Choose your glasses according to your personality
When choosing the ideal glasses, first think about your needs, your lifestyle and preferences, and then follow the following tips to make the right choice:
– Rectangular glasses reveal a strong, centered, determined personality. Your look will become more serious. Is this your intention?
– Rounded glasses express delicacy, softness, calm. Anyone who is already too calm and needs more attitudes should avoid this format.
– Triangular glasses are composed of sloping lines that convey feelings of dynamism, joy and relaxation. It reveals lightness and joviality in expression and enhances creativity.
– Square glasses convey the message of stability, security and power.
– Thick frames express a striking personality, while thin frames reveal more intellectuality.
Now you know the important points before buying sunglasses. Hope this article was useful!