The Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (CARAS) today announced the official venue details for 2015 JUNO Week celebrations to be held in Hamilton, Ontario, March 9-15.
Tickets for The 2015 JUNO Awards go on sale this Friday, December 5 at 10:00am ET. Tickets range from $39 to $149 (plus service charges) and are available through the FirstOntario Centre Box Office, by phone at 1-855-872-5000, and online at www.ticketmaster.ca.
Key JUNO Week signature events and official venue announcements include:
- The Dave Andreychuk Mountain Arena to host JUNO Cup on March 13. The annual celebrity hockey game pits musicians against former NHL greats in support of MusiCounts, Canada’s national music education charity. Ticket and participating artist information will be available in January 2015.
- Lime Ridge Mall to host JUNO Fan Fare presented by hmv Canada on March 14. Fans will have a chance to meet their favourite artists during this afternoon autograph signing. Ticketing and participating artist information for this free event will be available in the February 2015.
- The Great Hall at Hamilton Place to host JUNO Songwriters’ Circle presented by SOCAN and Yamaha on March 15. Close to 15,000 fans have attended this show that has raised over $400,000 for MusiCounts. Some of Canada’s most talented singer/songwriters share songs and stories in an intimate setting.
- FirstOntario Centre to host The 2015 JUNO Awards Broadcast on March 15. A concert that brings together, for one show only, a variety of artists, performances and many high profile nominees.
- Plus over 15 venues across the city to host JUNOfest presented by CBCMusic.ca on Friday, March 13 and Saturday, March 14. A showcase of over 100 local, regional, and national acts, nightly line-ups will feature three or four acts per venue with JUNO nominees, national touring acts and the best of Hamilton sharing the stage. Venue details to be announced at a later date.
Also announced were partnerships with local cultural institutions for the 2015 JUNO Awards ancillary events, which include:
- Hamilton Public Library to host Junior JUNOS, a concert with Children’s Album of the Year nominees on Saturday March 14, 2015.
- Art Gallery of Hamilton to host the JUNO Photography Exhibition from January 24-April 19, 2015.
- And the Art Gallery of Hamilton to also host The JUNO Tour of Canadian Art sponsored by La Piazza Allegra from January 24 to April 26, 2015.
Additional details and information about 2015 JUNO Week events, including participants, will be released in the New Year.