Does your artist fit the Americana music genre? Then, this is the festival for you! After a successful first year at the Americana Music Festival & Conference in 2014, the Canadian Independent Music Association (CIMA) will be returning with our our second Canadian Blast showcase and business mission to Nashville in September 2015. For some of the key outcomes and successes of CIMA’s 2014 mission to Americana, please click here.
Held annually, the Americana Music Festival & Conference brings together thousands of legendary artists, the next generation of rising stars and industry professionals for four days of music and education. The 16th annual edition will be taking place between September 15-20, 2015 and is expected to feature approximately 165 live performances at over 9 venues in downtown Nashville.
Presented by Music Export Canada, CIMA will be hosting a Canadian Blast daytime showcase party from noon-6pm on Saturday, September 19, 2015. This is an excellent opportunity for 5-6 Canadian bands to showcase to festival delegates and attendees.
For 10 years, the Canadian Blast showcase and B2B initiative has travelled the globe to bring the best and brightest emerging talent and industry from Canada to vibrant international export markets through festivals, conferences, trade shows and independent missions in the US, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Working alongside their partners at the Americana Music Association, CIMA has secured SoulShine Pizza, a 250-capacity venue, who will provide both the venue and catering for the afternoon showcase. Check out more details about the venue by clicking here.
Why should you attend the Americana Music Festival & Conference with CIMA?
- Artists will get the opportunity to showcase in front of key tastemakers and industry professionals interested in the American genre.
- CIMA members and mission participants receive the US $315 discounted member rate on delegate registration. The regular rate if US $465.
- CIMA will be organizing a targeted networking dinner for artist representatives.
- Panel participation opportunties available.
- Registration includes a marketing campaign (online and print) as well as drink tickets to hand out for each showcasing artist/representative.
Who is eligible for this opportunity?
- Style of music must fit the Americana music genre.
- Canadian Blast showcasing artists must be accompanied by a business representative as our export missions are centred on creating business opportunities.
- Artists who’ve already been accepted by the Americana Music Association for official shows can apply for another showcasing opportunity with Canadian Blast.
- Artists who did not apply directly to the Festival may also apply.
- All showcasing artist submissions will be reviewed by the CIMA Talent Committee and the Americana Music Festival selection team.
Registration Information & Mission Fees:
- The Artist Showcase & Business Package is priced at a discounted rate of $800 for CIMA members in good standing.
- Non-members have a rate of $1200.
- For Business delegates who are not showcasing with Canadian Blast, as spots are limited, we do offer you a Biz-Only package for $300 (for members, $600 for non-CIMA members)which includes: promo of your other AMA festival shows, invite to CB show and other networking events with international participants, panel opps, access to discount delegate badge)
- For access to the discounted delegate badge rate, please contact Trisha Carter (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the promo code before August 14, 2015.
Deadline to submit an application for this opportunity: June 10, 2015