Well, this is interesting. If you’re a big Prince fan, you can now work at Paisley Park. Even better, you can control and work on the massive archieves in the vault for future releases. All the details are below.
JOB TITLE: Archives Supervisor Paisley Park
REPORTS TO: Director of Archives
This is a full-time position located in the Archives Department having variable/flexible working hours to include weekends, holidays, evenings, and overtime as required. This is a promotional opportunity. Benefits may be offered after successful completion of a sixty (60) day introductory period. This is an internal/external recruitment.
- Actively work in the care, catalog, storage and preservation of all artifacts and archival materials; the care, cleaning, and monitoring of all exhibits.
- Maintain and Update the archival database system.
- Monitor the trafficking of archive inventory.
- Assist the appropriate staff in having access to the archives collection as required.
- Travel/act as a courier of artifacts to locations where artifacts are to be displayed including the setting up and taking down of exhibits in these locations.
- Execute, maintain, and provide accurate conditioning reports for all items being moved from storage for exhibition.
- Ensure that the collections manual, preservation plans and archives emergency plan are observed.
- Locate, retrieve, and prepare artifacts for display/loans.
- Ensure the integrity of the collection in maintained at all times.
- Oversea all cleaning of exhibit spaces.
- Work with outside vendors to schedule monthly, quarterly and annual cleaning.
- Assist with Archives long term planning, conservation goals and preservation needs.
- Photograph and or scan artifacts when needed.
- Assist with exhibition installs.
- Maintain displayed artifacts in proper environment, eliminate risk to artifacts.
- Assist Director of Archives with coordinating activities involving the maintenance, preservation and mansion upkeep.
- Ensure the integrity of the exhibitions are maintained at all times.
- Assist other departments with general research/fact checking, research use of the collection
- Assist with the training staff in methods and procedures for the database system, in collection preparation and care, and in exhibit development and installation.
- Assist with the supervision the daily activities of the archives staff.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations of archives staff.
- Perform the job of courier when needed
- Other duties as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Some knowledge of Prince is helpful; prior knowledge/experience with artifact handling, storage, and conservation is helpful; knowledge of correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling; background in historical studies and research is helpful; previous supervisory or management experience is preferred; ability to deal with repetitious intense work and procedures; must have an excellent attention span; detailed oriented; skill and knowledge to use a Macintosh computer; knowledge of Quark Express and Adobe Photoshop is helpful; must have good accurate typing skills; ability to cope with extremely heavy workload; excellent communication and interpersonal skills both in person and on the telephone are essential; ability to perceive and deal with sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality; must be able to drive a vehicle; ability to work under pressure of deadlines and competing needs.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to see to do detail work; must be able to sit for long periods of time; speak well enough to communicate in a clear distinct voice.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: Work in a confidential work area; must have excellent typing skills; own vehicle in order to run job related errands if necessary.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work flexible hours, to include holidays, weekends, and overtime as required; must adhere to a pescatarian environment; no smoking in the work area.
APPLICATION PROCESS: To be considered for employment, please download our employment application at www.officialpaisleypark.com and fill out completely. After you have completed the application, email application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 901-344-3232.
- Chanhassen, Minnesota, 55317, United States
- April 12, 2018
- Archives Supervisor Paisley Park
- P Park Management
- 2-3 Years
Paisley Park is located in the quiet idyllic suburb of Chanhassen, Minnesota and is Prince’s mythical creative sanctuary. Prince envisioned Paisley Park as one day being opened to the public. Throughout the past sixteen years, he occasionally opened the studio to tours, most notably in the year 2000 as part of the special Prince: A Celebration event. With the official public opening of Paisley Park, fans from around the world now have the very rare opportunity to tour the estate and experience first-hand this singularly unique creative sanctuary where Prince lived, led and created for more than 30 years. Our employees work hard each day and are honored be a part of maintaining the legacy of Prince!