Microsoft is a name that everyone has heard of. It is either because of its immensely popular line of operating systems or its Windows suite. But did you know that Microsoft offers certifications as well? Yes, Microsoft provides a variety of IT credentials that are accepted by many organizations worldwide. Let’s find out more about Microsoft certifications and exams.
Microsoft credentials are divided into three levels: Fundamentals, Associate, and Expert. The acronyms below indicate different expertise levels:
- MTA (Microsoft Technology Associate)
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate)
- MCSD (Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer)
- MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert)
In this article, we will be talking about an associate-level certification which is called MCSA: Windows 365.
How to earn your MCSA: Windows 365 certification?
The MCSA: Windows 365 certification provides proof that you have the skills to administer cloud-hosted business applications using Microsoft Windows 365. To earn this associate-level certification, you have to pass two compulsory exams:
- Exam 70-346
- Exam 70-740
While 70-346 test is all about the management of Windows 365 requirements and identities, 70-740 focuses on the candidate’s ability to enable Windows 365 services. MCSA: Windows 365 serves as a requirement for the MCSE: Productivity credential (the highest achievable Microsoft certification).
To give you a clear idea of the Microsoft certification procedure, below we will focus on one particular test. So, let’s find out more about 70-740 exam.
Microsoft 70-740 exam overview
As mentioned earlier, 70-740 is a required exam for the MCSA: Windows 365 certification. The number of questions in the exam is not specifically stated, but it may lie within a range of 40-60 items. The candidates are required to answer the questions within 120 minutes. Here is a list of some of the topics that will be covered in the exam:
- Managing end-user devices and clients: client deployments (user-driven) deployment of Windows 365 ProPlus, reporting and telemetry, and planning for Windows clients
- Provisioning of SharePoint Online: SharePoint site collections, collaboration solutions, and external user sharing
- Configuring Skype for Business Online as well as Exchange Online for end users: email configuration, external resources, groups, contacts, archive policies, and communication settings
- Planning for Skype for Business Online and Exchange Online: anti-spam policies, anti-malwarepolicies, and mailbox migration strategy
- Securing and configuring Windows 365 services: Microsoft StaffHub, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive for Business, PowerApps, and Microsoft Flow
Preparation options offered by Microsoft
The Microsoft certification exams are known to be tough, and Microsoft technology experts are well aware of this. That is why they offer you these preparation resources:
- Online training
This gives you access to a set of training videos that cover 70-740 exam syllabus. Created by seasoned Microsoft specialists, online training allows you to join a virtual class and interact with your instructors and fellow candidates.
- Instructor-led training
This type of training is available in two forms:
Both of these options offer hands-on labs and SATV redemption. A benefit of On-demand training is that it can be accessed anytime, anywhere. And a benefit of Classroom training is that you can ask the instructor questions in real time.
- Self-paced training
The Microsoft Virtual Academy is a perfect platform for you to gain access to the courses required to prepare for 70-740 exam online. The advantage of this method is that you can create a work schedule by yourself.
- Practice test
Microsoft offers a practice test that consists of questions similar to the ones in the actual 70-740 exam. Take a few different practice tests and you will be able to figure out what types of questions to expect and how to approach them.
Microsoft Certification Program Info:
Windows Server 2016 Exams
If you prefer to read books rather than watch videos, then “Exam Ref 70-740 Enabling Windows 365 Services, Second Edition” is the perfect material for you.This study guide is written by Orin Thomas who is a high-class Cloud Operations specialist at Microsoft. So, purchase the book and let Microsoft professionalshelp you with your 70-740 exam.
Apart from these resources, you can also find exam dumps on sites like PrepAway. PrepAway offers a great selection of practice tests in ETE format. These files can be opened with the Vumingo ETE Exam Simulator.By creating an environment similar to that of the actual exam, this software gives you the opportunity to become familiar with the atmosphere of the real test. When it comes to exam dumps, you also need to be aware that there are many websites that have irrelevant and outdated content. So, make sure to always use reliable platforms like PrepAway.
Benefits of having a Microsoft certification
Getting certified sure has its benefits. But getting Microsoft certified enhances those benefits. A credential from Microsoft gives you:
- Recognition. Microsoft is recognized as a top-tier organization by just about anyone. So, many employers would recognize the standard of your skills and give you the right appreciation.
- Acceptance. The Microsoft certifications are accepted worldwide since the quality of the organization’s products and services is well known.
- More job opportunities. Having extra qualifications means that you gain access to more job opportunities (depending on your skill level).
- Higher salary. The better you cope with the assigned tasks, the greater the demand for your services. For certified individuals, extra qualifications mean higher salaries. According to ITCareerFinder, MCSA: Windows 365 certified specialists can earn around $83,000 per year.
- Updated skills
Since the field of IT is very dynamic, your skills can very easily become obsolete. Microsoft always updates their syllabus and exams to suit the new developments. So,when you obtain any Microsoft certification, you update your knowledge and skills in accordance with the needs of the modern job market.
For these and other reasons, having the Microsoft certification under your belt can be highly advantageous for you.
Earning a certification is the best way to reach a prominent position in the field of IT. But just any certification won’t do. You need one that is accepted by the best of organizations and one that most complements your goal, like a certification from Microsoft, for example. Even though Microsoft tests are tough to crack, if you work hard using the proper resources, you can surely pass your exams without much of a hassle.