The National Music Centre (NMC) is pleased to announce it will reopen Studio Bell on Saturday, August 15, 2020. Studio Bell will remain open every Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, operating at reduced capacity until further notice.
Admission will be free by reservation courtesy of Bell for the first four weekends from August 15 to September 6. Beginning September 12, admission will be offered at a reduced rate, which must also be reserved in advance, for the remainder of 2020. Reserve your ticket at studiobell.ca/general-admission (please note that NMC will be using a timed-ticketing system, so tickets must be booked in advance and arrivals must be on time. Those without pre-booked tickets cannot be admitted, and late arrivals cannot be guaranteed entry).
The National Music Centre will continue to follow all health and safety protocols set by Alberta Health Services to limit the spread of COVID-19. Visitors are asked to please follow these guidelines:
- Do not visit Studio Bell if you are exhibiting symptoms related to COVID-19 or are feeling unwell.
- Mask up! The City of Calgary’s mask bylaw requires the public to wear face coverings in all indoor spaces. Entry will not be permitted to those without a face mask.
- Make use of the hand sanitizer stations and handwashing facilities located throughout Studio Bell.
- Practice social distancing, continue to move through the building, and avoid crowding around exhibits.
- Follow all posted directional or instructional signage.
Music lovers will be welcomed back to Studio Bell to celebrate Canada with programs and activities funded by Canadian Heritage. Explore the story of music in Canada through a special self-guided CanCon tour, or catch socially-distanced pop-up instrument show-and-tells and science and sound demos.
Guests will also be able to see the newly redesigned Canadian Music Hall of Fame gallery, featuring musical instruments and memorabilia from 2020 inductee, Jann Arden.
In addition to Studio Bell’s reopening, NMC will continue to share its experience online through the virtual NMC Learning at Home series that connects science and sound. The new Speak Up! exhibit, honouring 13 powerful Indigenous voices in music, is currently viewable online at studiobell.ca/speak-up. The Alberta Spotlight concert series, in partnership with the Government of Alberta, Alberta Music, CKUA and Stagehand, will run throughout the summer.