Hollywood Suite is proud to present the broadcast premiere of Metric: Dreams So Real (2017) at 9 p.m. ET on September 2. The feature length concert documentary, which captures a live performance during the Canadian rock band’s 2016 year-long sold-out world tour, will kick off a month-long showcase of musical programming of all varieties from live concerts, artist biopics and musically-driven narratives with the best soundtracks around.
Live music fans can immerse themselves in the premieres of Coldplay Live in São Paulo (2017) which captures the climax of the band’s record-breaking A Head Full of Dreams Tour in São Paulo, Brazil, along with Paul Simon: Concert in the Park (1991) and The Who: Live at the Kilburn 1977 (1977). Music rockumentary premieres added to the lineup include Jimi Hendrix (1973), Festival Express (2003) and The Wrecking Crew (2008).
Musically driven narratives abound this September with the premieres of Hollywood Suite exclusive Bandar Band (2020); Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains (1982); Little Voice (1998); The Sapphires (2012); and returning favourites Almost Famous (2000); Detroit Rock City (1999); and The Blues Brothers (1980).
The month’s music programming will also see musicals that are sure to inspire at-home sing-alongs including the premieres of Breakin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo (1984) and The Night They Raided Minsky’s (1968) joining classics Mamma Mia! (2008), Sing Street (2016), Purple Rain (1984), The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975), Kinky Boots (2005) and more!
The full lineup of September music programming includes:
- September 1: Bandar Band, Dirty Dancing, La Bamba, Singles
- September 2: Metric: Dreams So Real, The Wrecking Crew!
- September 4: Don’t Look Back, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
- September 6: The Last Days Of Disco, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Xanadu, Fame, Divine Madness, Muriel’s Wedding, Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Pitch Perfect, 20 Feet From Stardom
- September 7: Control
- September 8: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, The Buddy Holly Story
- September 9: Elvis on Tour, King Creole, Blue Hawaii
- September 10: Jailhouse Rock, Viva Las Vegas, Love Me Tender
- September 13: Jimi Hendrix, Carmen Jones, The Girl Can’t Help It, Breakin 2: Electric Boogaloo, Purple Rain, Sign O’The Times, Prince: Rave UN2 The Year 2000, The Five Heartbeats, Selena, Gerry, Sing Street, Kinky Boots, Soul Power
- September 17: Little Voice, The Blues Brothers
- September 20: Cover Girl, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Ladies and Gentlemen: The Fabulous Stains, Urgh! A Music War, The Decline of Western Civilization, Paul Simon: Concert in the Park, Backbeat, Swingers, Almost Famous, 20th Century Woman, Creem: America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine
- September 22: The Sapphires
- September 23: The Night They Raided Minsky’s
- September 25: Top Gun, So I Married An Axe Murderer
- September 27: Coldplay: Live In São Paulo, The Who: at Kilburn 1977, Lisztomania, The Kids Are Alright, Beat Street, Labyrinth, Detroit Rock City, Can’t Hardly Wait, She’s All That
- September 28: Performance