“Now you’ve met The London Boys, things seem good again” & “New York’s A Go-Go” as the David Bowie Estate launches Bowie 75, a year-long celebration marking David Bowie’s 75th birthday, with the opening of two curated experiential pop-up shops—one at the site of the earliest confirmed Ziggy Stardust sighting, and one in the adopted hometown where Bowie’s final album ★ (pronounced “Blackstar”) was created.
For a very limited window previewing October 25, 2021, 75 days before the anniversary, through late January 2022, the Bowie 75 locations will be up and running at 14 Heddon Street — the London location where the cover of The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars was shot and 150 Wooster Street — steps away from Bowie’s long-time downtown New York City neighbourhood.
LONDON – 14 HEDDON STREET
Open Monday to Saturday 11am – 8pm, Sunday 12pm to 6pm
NEW YORK CITY – 150 WOOSTER STREET
Open seven days 11am – 7pm
The pop-ups will offer visitors a unique and immersive career-spanning deep dive into the sound and vision of David Bowie, with features including:
• Immersive audio and HD video screening rooms in partnership with 360 Reality Audio, an immersive music experience using Sony’s spatial sound technologies. With music in 360 Reality Audio, fans will be able to hear and see Bowie content available for the first time in immersive audio, exclusively in the Bowie 75 locations.
• Hours of video content including previously unseen behind-the-scenes material, rare footage from the Heathen and Reality eras, and more.
• Opportunities to purchase limited edition releases of exclusive Bowie apparel and collectibles, as well as limited run LPs and CDs from both the Warner/Parlophone Records and Sony catalogues.
• Exclusive fine art photography including gallery installations documenting Bowie’s many iconic eras, personae, and Ch-changes.
• Intimate special guest events to be announced.
• Fans can place themselves in iconic costumes and set pieces to create fun and shareable social media moments.
• And more— For store hours, events calendars and other announcements and information, sign up and stay tuned to www.bowie75.com