MasterClass, the streaming platform where anyone can learn from the world’s best across a wide range of subjects, today announced that globally celebrated musician Christina Aguilera will return to the platform and join Sessions by MasterClass, a structured, 30-day curriculum where members learn meaningful skills through hands-on experience, step-by-step demonstration and an engaged community. Aguilera will teach members how to take their singing and performance to the next level by finding new meaning in their favorite songs, exploring their creative influences and molding them into a deeply personal performance. Enrollment for Aguilera’s session is available starting today; the session goes live Aug. 3.
“Christina’s incredible four-octave range and mastery of vocal techniques go hand in hand with the emotion and soul she brings to every performance,” said David Rogier, founder and CEO of MasterClass. “Christina knows what it takes to connect with an audience. Her new session is the perfect companion to her original class, teaching members how to level up their skills as a singer and deliver performances that are sure to impress.”
In her session, Aguilera will guide members through her creative process from finding inspiration to making a song her own. Members will leave the session with a fine-tuned vocal warm-up and the opportunity to turn their creative vision into a final performance. The session is broken down into five sections and a bonus chapter:
- Introduction: Aguilera shares her personal story and helps members design a comfortable space that will boost creativity and preserve their energy so they can develop and grow as artists.
- Warm-Up: Aguilera will teach members the importance of properly warming up their vocal cords. She shares a custom vocal warm-up she created exclusively for the session and encourages members to practice it on their own.
- Making a Song Your Own: Breaking down one of her favorite songs, “At Last” by Etta James, Aguilera will teach members how to analyze songs they love to develop a stronger emotional connection to the music they perform. Members will learn how to add their own unique style to a chosen song and share their first performance with the community.
- Final Performance: Members will prepare for their final recording by visualizing their performance through mood boards, journal entries and collages. Members will then translate their creative vision and record their biggest performance of the session.
- Conclusion: Aguilera offers additional advice for future performances and encourages members to continue to pursue their singing dreams.
- Bonus: Aguilera explores her latest Spanish-language album, La Fuerza, with artist and producer Jean Rodriguez. Members will learn the inspiration behind the vocal performances and ways to foster a soulful connection to music that transcends language.
“Emotion and soul are the quintessential ingredients to a dynamic and impactful performance,” Aguilera said. “In my new session, I’m excited to teach the importance of being vulnerable in the studio and on stage, and how it translates into a more powerful connection with an audience.”
Aguilera’s career spans more than two decades, earning her countless accolades including six Grammy Awards and one Latin Grammy, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Recognized for her powerful voice and hit songs, she has sold more than 50 million albums worldwide to date and has been featured as part of Rolling Stone‘s list of 100 Greatest Singers of All Time. She has also achieved five No. 1 singles on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, making her only the fourth female artist to top the chart over three consecutive decades. Aguilera recently released her second Spanish-language album, AGUILERA.