SiriusXM announced today its coverage of the 2023 PGA Championship, taking place Thursday, May 18th through Sunday, May 21st at Oak Hill Country Club in Rochester, NY.
Live Championship play-by-play, which SiriusXM will co-produce with Westwood One, will air starting at 1 pm ET on Thursday and Friday, and 2 pm ET on Saturday and Sunday. SiriusXM will also provide live look-ins during its programming in the morning and early afternoon each day to give listeners play-by-play and updates on featured groups playing earlier in the day.
PGA Championship programming is available to SiriusXM subscribers in their cars (channel 92) and on the SXM App: siriusxm.us/SXMPGATourRadio.
The broadcast team will feature two newcomers as six-time PGA Tour winner Hunter Mahan, PGA and three-time PGA Tour winner Johnson Wagner, PGA join as analysts alongside veteran play-by-play voice Brian Katrek. Maureen Madill, Mark Carnevale, PGA and John Maginnes will be the on-course reporters, following key playing groups during the Championship. Taylor Zarzour will contribute to the broadcast as a host and play-by-play voice. Jason Sobel will conduct pre- and post-round interviews with players in the field.
“Oak Hill has been a terrific and historic venue for major championship events, and as the best players in the world meet there next week to compete for the Wanamaker Trophy, SiriusXM listeners across the country will get exceptional access and insight into the tournament and all the news happening around it,” said Scott Greenstein, SiriusXM’s President and Chief Content Officer. “Our coverage will deliver extensive live play-by-play from the course, exclusive player interviews and in-depth analysis from our hosts every day of PGA Championship Week.”
PGA Championship Week programming
PGA Championship Week programming on SiriusXM will feature comprehensive coverage with live original programming starting at 7 am ET each weekday and 8 am ET on weekends, including the debut of a new podcast hosted by Smylie Kaufman.
- SiriusXM’s newest podcast, The Smylie Show, hosted by former tour pro Smylie Kaufman, makes its debut on Monday at 8 pm ET. New episodes of the podcast will debut every Monday and Thursday on all major podcast platforms. The show will also air every Monday at 8 pm ET on SiriusXM, featuring a mix of commentary on the game from Kaufman, who won the Shriners Hospital for Children Open in 2015, and interviews with personalities from around the game.
- World Golf Hall of Fame member Fred Couples, PGA, who competed in 25 PGA Championships, including a runner-up finish in 1990, will host a new episode of The Fred Couples Show on Tuesday at 2 pm ET.
- 2016 KitchenAid Senior PGA Champion Rocco Mediate, PGA, who played in 17 PGA Championships, hosts his show, The Rocco Hour, on Tuesday at 6 pm ET.
- World Golf Hall of Fame and PGA of America Hall of Fame member Annika Sorenstam, PGA hosts a live episode of her new SiriusXM show, ANNIKA, on Tuesday at 7 pm ET.
- SiriusXM’s PGA Championship Pregame Show, starting at 10 am ET each tournament day, will include live coverage of featured on-course groups, enabling listeners to stay close to the action throughout the day. The show will feature commentary from Dennis Paulson, Andres Gonzalez, Fred Albers and Jason Sobel.
- On Saturday and Sunday, David Marr III will host PGA of America Radio live from 9-10 am ET. A collaboration between SiriusXM and the PGA of America, the show focuses on expert PGA Member instruction, PGA of America golf events, and programs designed to grow the game. Guests will include members of the Corebridge Financial PGA Team of 20 PGA Professionals who earned a spot in the PGA Championship, led by 2023 PGA Professional Champion Braden Shattuck.
- Immediately following each round, listeners will hear a two-hour wrap-up of the day’s play, hosted by Gary Williams and Drew Stoltz.
- The PGA Championship week episode of Backstory (Wednesday at 10 pm ET) will share the story of Craig Harmon, PGA, who worked as the head professional at Oak Hill for 42 years, and focus on Justin Thomas’ PGA Championship victory last year, and the anniversaries of the 2003 PGA Championship won by Shaun Micheel, PGA and the 1983 PGA Championship won by Hal Sutton, PGA.
Throughout the year, SiriusXM’s weekday golf programming lineup features live shows starting at 7am ET that offer news, analysis, expert instruction and more. For more go to SiriusXM.com/golfonsxm.