Heineken Escapade Music Festival announced today the launch of Heineken Escapade Interactive, a week of festivities that goes beyond the music and becomes a part of Ottawa’s greater community. Heineken Escapade Interactive, which will take place from June 25 to July 1, 2016 in the Nation’s Capital, brings together the Escapade family to celebrate music, movies, sport, philanthropy and patriotism.
Kicking off the week is the seventh annual Heineken Escapade Music Festival, and with Heineken Escapade Interactive the excitement continues with a series of new experiences, including an outdoor movie on the beach, sports tournaments supporting the CHEO Foundation and the Ottawa Senators Foundation, and events within Ottawa’s top nightclubs. Closing the week is Escapade’s annual Canada Day celebration featuring some of the world’s most highly acclaimed electronic acts.
“Over the last seven years, Heineken Escapade Music Festival has significantly grown thanks to the continued support of the Ottawacommunity,” said Ali Shafaee, Director of Partnerships of DNA Live, the producers of the Festival. “To us the festival is about more than music; it’s about the people. We’re excited to take it to the next level and reach an even wider audience with new events and charity partnerships in 2016.”
The Heineken Escapade Interactive 2016 schedule will consist of:
- Heineken Escapade Music Festival (June 25-26): Returning to the Rideau Carleton Raceway for the third consecutive year is the only electronic music festival in the National Capital Region.
- Heineken Escapade Under the Stars (June 27): Come together with new and old friends on the beach at a unique downtown waterfront location to relax and watch an outdoor movie by moonlight.
- Heineken Escapade Hits the Links (June 28): In partnership with Ottawa Venues, the celebration continues with a charity golf tournament. All proceeds will go the CHEO Foundation.
- Heineken Escapade Hockey Showdown (June 29): Participate in the first annual large-scale ball hockey tournament at the EY Centre. All proceeds will go to the Ottawa Senators Foundation.
- Heineken Escapade Club Series (June 30): Take over Ottawa’s downtown nightlife through a series of unique and intimate events featuring some of the world’s biggest artists.
- Heineken Escapade Does O’Canada (July 1): The annual Canada Day celebration of epic proportions, featuring highly acclaimed electronic DJs and live acts, returns to the heart of the nation’s capital held in the famous 151 George street parking lot.
Presale tickets for the Heineken Escapade Music Festival will be available on November 25, 2015. To purchase tickets or learn more about Escapade Interactive, please visit:http://escapademf.com/.
About Heineken Escapade Music Festival
Heineken Escapade Music Festival is the first festival of its kind in the National Capital Region (NCR). The annual Festival, which takes place during around Canada Day in Ottawa, is dedicated to the development of the electronic music scene and demographic in the NCR.
Heineken Escapade Music Festival made its debut in 2010, featuring sound and visual production never experienced with an event of this kind in the NCR. The event was headlined by Canadian born superstar, Grammy Award winning DJ and producer Deadmau5. Since the inaugural Festival, Heineken Escapade has grown in festival size, with more artists, attendance and days. The two-day festival has been solidified as a top-tier festival in North America by adding unique elements like the Heineken Escapade Club Series and hosting more than 30,000 attendees over the duration of the festival.