Legendary comedic actor John Cleese (Monty Python’s Flying Circus, Fawlty Towers and A Fish Called Wanda) will embark on a 13-city Canadian tour this May, presenting an evening of humour and political insights in Why There is No Hope. Described as part lecture and part stand-up comedy, Why There Is No Hope sees Cleese put his signature keen-minded, humanistic, comedic observational spin on the dysfunctional world we live in. The tour comes on the heels of the re-release of Monty Python’s Life of Brian in theatres on April 18 in commemoration of the film’s 40th anniversary.
John Cleese’s Why There is No Hope is a presentation of Unique Lives & Experiences; tour dates are as follows:
● Halifax – Sunday, May 5 – Scotiabank Centre
● Saint John – Tuesday, May 7 – Harbour Station Arena
● Charlottetown – Thursday, May 9 – Eastlink Centre
● St. John’s – Friday, May 10 – Mile One Arena
● Toronto – Monday, May 13 – Roy Thomson Hall
● Kitchener – Tuesday, May 14 – Centre in the Square
● London – Thursday, May 16 – Budweiser Gardens
● Regina – Wednesday, May 22 – Conexus Arts Centre
● Saskatoon – Thursday, May 23 – Sid Buckwold Theatre
● Vancouver – Saturday, May 25 – Queen Elizabeth Theatre
● Edmonton – Monday, May 27 – Northern Jubilee Auditorium
● Calgary – Wednesday, May 29 – Jack Singer Concert Hall
● Victoria – Monday, June 3 – Royal Theatre
John Cleese first made his mark as a member of the legendary Monty Python troupe in the 1960s and has gone on to write, produce, direct and star in some of the greatest comedic hits of the last forty years, even receiving an Oscar nomination for best screenplay for A Fish Called Wanda. But John is far from your garden variety entertainer. From the beginning of his career he has continually parlayed his enormous talents into advancing the political causes he believes in. In 2014, John released his New York Times best-selling memoir, So Anyway… which shares his ascent in the entertainment world, from his humble beginnings in a sleepy English town and his early comedic days at Cambridge University.
For 25 years, Toronto’s Unique Lives & Experiences has specialized in promoting ‘live’ lecture entertainment, bringing celebrity speakers with diverse opinions, profound insights and fascinating life stories to audiences across North America. From world leaders to political figures and distinguished journalists to Hollywood Celebrities, Unique Lives’ goal is to showcase inspirational stories with a unique perspective.