Manitoba Music is launching a new Music Business Mentorship Program to support the development of music companies and industry working in our province. The program will offer training and consulting services to Manitoba Music members building their businesses and supporting local artists. They will offer small group business training and one-on-one mentor sessions to participants throughout 2021. Participants may be selected for one or more training streams and paired with an experienced mentor based on strength of application and an interview conducted by a selection committee.
This opportunity will have a strong focus on gender diversity and inclusion of BIPOC and LGBTQ2S+ voices.
- Artist Development and Management
- Music Business Admin (Grant Writing, Bookkeeping, Project Management, etc.)
- Recording Studio and Production Management
- Music Publishing (Admin, Pitching, Songwriter Management)
- Record Label Operations
- Music Promotion (Digital Marketing, Radio Promotion, Publicity)
- Live Events (Show Promotion, Festival Curation, Tour Booking)
- Be a Manitoba Music member
- Be a resident of Manitoba
- Be working with at least one Manitoban artist, songwriter, or producer, or, for the Live Music program, have a thorough concept/project plan at the time of application
- Have a registered business by the program start date
- Commit a minimum of 10 hours per week to building their business throughout 2021
- Be 18 years or older
Applicants will need to:
- Have a current CV, resume, and/or bio
- Fill out the written application form
- Fill out the Google Form and upload materials
Submissions will be evaluated based on the written application and provided materials. Business goals should be clearly and concisely explained and must align with the program mandate. Selected applicants will be contacted for an interview.