West Coast rock band 54.40 was robbed of their instruments from an 18-foot U-Haul cube van parked in front of Queens Park Care Centre (315 McBride Blvd.) in New Westminster last night. The theft occurred between midnight and 9:30 a.m. following preparations for tonight’s and Saturday’s shows at the Commodore Ballroom. The band is asking anyone who witnessed suspicious activity or knows anything about the instruments to call:
Allen Moy, 54.40 management at (604) 761-2025 AND New Westminster Police Department, (604) 525-5411, file number 18-19100.
The band is offering a $5000 reward for the safe return of the equipment or information that leads to the safe return of the equipment.
The seven stringed instruments stolen are:
● 1957 Fender Esquire electric guitar, serial # 20378. Blonde, some wear and finish checking. Back slightly stained with red dye. weathered road case
● 1974 Fender Jazz Bass, serial #646897 (black w. white pickguard, maple neck. Black gator case.
● 1966 Fender Stratocaster, serial #119921 Sunburst, heavy wear. Re-issue tuners and bridge. Straps locks Installed. Routing under pickguard. weathered road case
● 1966 Gibson Trini Lopez Standard. #823870 Cherry, heavy wear. Replaced fretboard and tuners. Strap locks installed. Non-original Bigsby vibrato, previously drilled for a stop tailpiece. weathered road case
● 1954 Gibson Florentine Electric Mandolin.#2221 Very rare double cut-away, solid body. road case
● Gibson SJ200 acoustic guitar serial # 877023 with aftermarket Fishman soundhole pickup. Some finish checking. Poly acoustic case
● Gibson Dove acoustic guitar with aftermarket LR Baggs soundhole pickup. Average wear. Poly acoustic case
54.40 thanks the public in advance for any assistance solving this crime. The instruments are irreplaceable and hold great value to band members beyond their monetary worth. This weekend’s shows will go ahead as planned.